Saturday, December 22, 2007

Camping at Khorfukhan, Fujeirah





Wow, I haven't had time to sleep ever since I landed on the shores of Dubai!!! My cousin used to tell me that sleep is a luxury in this part of the world and how true... By the time we reach home from all our adventures its usually 1:00 am in the morning. By the time we get into bed its usually after 3 am with thet weekends stretching to 5:00 in the morning!

Went out camping with a group of Darjeelingey and Mallu friends during the Eid holidays to Khorfukan, a beach side resort areain the Fujheirah emirate. We moved away from the beach and headed towards the dense hills and for once I felt at ease and at home. By the time we pitched camp it was already 10:00 pm. With the bonfire, music, barbecue and beverages in full swing it was time to party.
We are a planning on a "boys only" camping trip next time as the ladies do not seem too comfortable camping outside and miss the comfort of their cushy beds. Sorry sweethearts, its only goona be only boys next time!!!
The best part of the trip? Sleeping under the starlit sky with the mountains all sorrounding me... hearing the silence of the night.





No comments: